Suggest the treatment to lower high bilirubin level?

How can I lower a high Bilirubin ,total reading from a blood test? Result was 1.7. The Albumin, AST and ALT levels are all within normal ranges.
Posted Sat, 7 Sep 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ratnakar Kini 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
It could be due to XXXXXXX Syndrome.

Detailed Answer:
I am Dr.Ratnakar Kini and I am pleased to assist you.

I went through your test report.

Your total bilirubin level is high. But the liver enzyme levels are within normal limits.
This can occur in either conditions affecting the liver like XXXXXXX syndrome or due to blood disorders causing increased destruction of red blood cells.

If it is due to increased destruction of red blood cells, the hemoglobin level will drop. But since you hemoglobin level is normal, it is less likely that your high bilirubin is due to blood disorders.

This means your high bilirubin could be due to XXXXXXX syndrome. This is a condition in which the entry of bilirubin in to the liver is affected.
It is a harmless condition and is not life threatening and does not require any treatment. So you need not worry about your mildly elevated bilirubin level.

I hope that answers your question.
Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr.Ratnakar Kini