Suggest the oral medicines for terminating pregnancy

Hi doctor . I normally get my periods once in 2-3 months and now its been 4 months i dint get my periods and checked my pregnancy positive now. Pls help me to abort this pregnancy with oral medicines. Am 30 yrs old and have 5 yrs old baby.
Posted Thu, 20 Feb 2014 in Abortion and Stillbirth
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 11 minutes later
Brief Answer: Please confirm through a sonogram Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. As you have irregular periods, you should get a trans-vaginal sonogram for the exact gestational age and also to see if the pregnancy is intrauterine. Later, since you do not wish to retain this pregnancy, please see a specialist for a proper evaluation and prescription. The whole process should ideally be under medical surveillance and the completion of the abortion is checked by a physical exam and a follow up sonogram. Self-medication to induce a medical abortion is teemed with several complications. There can be heavy bleeding, incomplete abortion, infection, future infertility and also when an ectopic pregnancy is tried to be aborted unknowingly, there is a chance of tubal rupture with grave danger to life. Therefore, it is always advisable to go for a medical abortion under medical supervision. The whole process usually takes 1 or 2 days. Hope your query has been answered. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.