Suggest the most effective medicine against marijuana addiction? Does sizodon work?

Addiction Medicine Specialist
What is the most effective medicine against marijuana addiction? Does sizodon work?
Posted Tue, 17 Sep 2013 in Mental Health
Answered by Dr. Preeti Parakh 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No approved medicine. Sizodon may help.

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to HealthCare Magic!

Unfortunately no medication has so far been officially approved for treating marijuana addiction. Many medications are being studied for use in marijuana addiction, but the evidence is not strong. Buspirone is one medication that has shown promise in reducing craving for marijuana.

Since there is no known treatment, doctors are forced to try available options. I have used sizodon in marijuana addiction, and found it to be helpful in some patients, especially those who also had mental illnesses like abnormal behaviour and illogical talk. For people with just marijuana addiction who want help in quitting, I prefer to use buspirone.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing back. I will be happy to answer your queries.

Wishing you good health,

Dr Preeti Parakh
MD Psychiatry