Suggest the medication to prevent salty taste in mouth

ENT Specialist
Is there an over the counter drug one can use to stop a salty taste in the mouth. (Fungal infection?) This question should have posed to an otolaryngologist. Sorry about the confusion. I would just like to really get the salty taste out of my mouth. (Saliva and phlem)
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Please rule out the cause of your salty taste Detailed Answer: Hi Sir, I have gone through your query and medical history. For your kind information there are so many causes of impaired taste such as- Common cold, Flu, Nasal infection, sinusitis, Pharyngitis, salivary gland infections Heavy smoking (especially pipe smoking) Injury to the mouth, nose, or head Mouth dryness Medicines, such as antithyroid drugs, captopril, griseofulvin, lithium, penicillamine, procarbazine, rifampin Swollen or inflamed gums Vitamin B12 or zinc deficiency Therefore I personally advised to rule out the cause of your salty taste for better treatment. For your salty taste in mouth, you may try (over the counter drug) 1. Xylotol containing chew gum such as Happydent. 2. Antiseptic mouth wash such as Tantum mouth wash. 3. Sugarfree antacid such as Mucain gel. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.