Suggest the medication to prepone periods

Hi, My period date falls on 31st of this month. I need to get my periods between 25th to 28th. Could you please suggest me any tips or medicines which will help me.
Posted Wed, 12 Feb 2014 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 24 minutes later
Brief Answer: Postponement is advisable at this stage. Detailed Answer: Hi Ms. XXXX, Thanks for posting your query. You would need at least a week of prior treatment to advance your period. This is because withdrawal bleeding can be induced when the endometrium is adequate and is seen usually 3-7 days after completion of treatment, given usually for a minimum of 5 days. Though high hormone doses may be effective in a short period, it cannot be accurately predicted. Since you do not have so much time now, the best thing would be to postpone your period through using one of the progesterone preparations available under the prescription of a specialist until such time as is convenient for you, but not exceeding a treatment period of 20 days. This is to avoid future menstrual irregularities. Please consult a gynecologist in person for proper prescription. Hope I have clarified your query. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.