Suggest the medication to get rid of black spots on finger and nail area?

how can i get rid of the black spots throughout my finger and also in the nail area ??
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
paronychia and nail XXXXXXX line on nail.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your mail.

The picture sent by you shows white line on nail plate which is seen in cases of nutritional deficiency or as a result of any chronic disease.

The black discolouration of the surrounding area is seen in those who wash their hands very often or work with chemicals.

Mild topical steroids can help cure it. But further damage should be stopped. Regular application of moisturizers will also help.

Nail problems usually respond to oral supplements containing biotin, calcium pantothenate etc.
In case of any systemic problem, the problem should be treated for a cure.

Dr.Rohit Batra
Follow-up: Suggest the medication to get rid of black spots on finger and nail area? 30 minutes later
Would you mind to suggest me any medicine or something like that for it please !??
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
combination of mild topical steroids and antibioti

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your follow up. .

I have already explained that the paronychia can be treated by application of a combination of topical steroids like fluticasone or desonide with an antibiotic like mupirocin etc. I use this combination for good results in my patients. Your dermatologist will be able to prescribe the most commonly available brand at your location.

Dr.Rohit Batra