Suggest the medication to delay periods?

Mar 2016

we just planned a vacation for september 18 the day my period is due (28 day cycle)
that means today is day 17 of this current cycle
I really would love if I can get my cycle a couple days earlier , its too late to start the birthcontrol now as I am way off the 7 days XXXXXXX into a cycle to start a pack
I do have a pack at home, and was thinking what would happen if I take 6 pills now and then wait 3 days and maybe that will onset the period (it would usually take me 3 days to onset period once I started taking the placebo pills)
would that even work?
or is there anything I can take at this point
to push off my period for 2 weeks
Posted Fri, 27 Sep 2013 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. S Patra 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Birth control pill is not ideal choice.

Detailed Answer:

First of all, it is quite late to start birth control pill for preponing your period and you can't predict the occurrence of withdrawal bleeding. Irregular spotting may occur after that due to hormonal imbalance. This is quite a risky process at this stage & make your vacation completely messed up. I personally would not recommended this approach.

Alternatively, you can postpone or delay your period by taking progesterone pill like norethisterone etc. It is to be taken 3 days prior to actual due date and continued as long as you want (possibly 2 weeks). This is quite safe and reliable in comparison to previous method. Kindly, procure a prescription from your doctor.

Hope, it will be helpful for you. Let me know, if you need any clarification.

Wish your good health and enjoy your vacation.

Dr Soumen