Suggest the medication for premature ejaculation

hi dr i have a problem with premature ejaculation as soon as i get erect i ejaculate can you please help me with this problem is there any medication for it. thanks
Posted Sat, 23 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 18 hours later
Brief Answer: PE management elaborated below Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for posting your query to me. I am sorry; I was on holiday due to festival here. That is why the late response from my end. I understand your problem, XXXXXXX However, I must tell you that it is too early to diagnose Premature Ejaculation (PE) in you. You are just 19 years old. Do you have a sexual partner who agrees that you have PE as well? Are you in a relationship? How active are you sexually? Do you indulge in Sexual activity with your partner or do you only masturbate? At your age, this is mostly psychological. It is what your mind thinks. I strongly disagree that you have PE. It is too early for you. However, I shall mention to you that there are various treatment options for PE. This includes counseling, behavioral therapy, topical therapies and systemic pharmacological agents. You could try the "stopstart" or "Masters and Johnson" technique; in this the man stimulating himself to the point just before ejaculation and then stops. After the sensations have fall downed, he starts again. This should be repeated three times. The length of time before each stop gets gradually longer. The squeeze technique involves the partner (or man) using their fingers to squeeze the glans of the penis to cause the erection (and ejaculation) to subside. The medicine that you could try for this is Dapoxetine. This is approved for use in PE. The usual starting dose is 30mg to be taken one hour to three hours before the sexual activity. The dose is not to be repeated within 24 hours. You need to be examined by your doctor carefully before you take this medicine. Please discuss with your primary care physician about the same. In my view, you do not require the medicine now. I hope this information helps you. Regards,
Follow-up: Suggest the medication for premature ejaculation 2 hours later
hi dr thank you for your answer and yes i have a partner and she says that i finish to early as i told you i ejaculate as soon as i get erect so if i take Dapoxetine for how long should i take it. thanks dr
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 31 minutes later
Brief Answer: Duration can be decided based on your response Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX ok, you have a partner and she also complains of the same. The duration of Dapoxetine treatment would depend on your response to the drug. Usually, the treatment would not last more than 3 to 6 months. Hope this answers your query. Regards,