Suggest the medication for bipolar disorder and added chronic peripheral neuropathy due to physical trauma and cervical stenosis surgery?

best prescription painkillers for preexisting bipolar disorder and added chronic peripheral neuropathy due to physical trauma and cervical stenosis surgery with lack of gait instability.
I live in a small town and am mostly isolated due to my lack of physical ability. I have been married 20 years to a nice guy. He is mechanically helpful to me but not very emotionally available to me. I have lost all feelings of self worth with ideations of somehow not being here anymore because the pain is just not worth what I get out being alive.
Posted Thu, 22 Aug 2013 in Bipolar Disorder
Answered by Dr. Srikanth Reddy 1 hour later
Thanks for choosing health care magic for posting your query.
I have gone through your question in detail.
I can understand what you are going through.
For bipolar depression: The good drugs are Lithium and/or Valproate
For peripheral neuropathy: Along with the above mentioned mood stabilizers Pregabaline or carbamazepine should be good.
There is no fixed medication that suits all the patients with bipolar mood disorder with peripheral neuropathy. Each and every patient is considered different and treatment changes according to the patient. If the first choice doesnt suit or is not effective then another set of medication is tried until the patient is comfortable.
Hope I am able to answer your concerns.
If you have any further query, I would be glad to help you.
If not, you may close the discussion and if possible you may rate the answer for me, so that I get a good feedback.
In future if you wish to contact me directly, you can use the below mentioned link:

Wish you good health,
Dr. Srikanth Reddy M.D.