Suggest the exercises to increase my height

Pathologist and Microbiologist
My friend is 1989 born and Advocate by profession but his personality looses because of his height which is 5.1" I would be pleased if you help me with some tips or excersises which will help him increase his height
Posted Tue, 28 Jan 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Shailja Puri 2 hours later
Brief Answer: No definite natural method to increase height after 21 Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for posting your query on XXXXXXX Before answering your query I would like to explain you the mechanism of height gain in humans. Height increases by growth of long bones of the body. Long bones increase in length at two ends by growth of growth plate. The growth plates grow maximal during early adolescence and thus we see a growth spurt in children during adolescence. Adolescence is also characterized by increase in level of male and female hormones- testosterone and estrogens respectively. These hormones close the growth plate. So, by end of adolescence the growth plate is fully closed and no height increase takes place naturally thereafter. However, new modalities have been developed to gain height after the closure of growth plate. One of these techniques involves breaking long bones (most commonly the shin bone or tibia) and lengthening it by mechanical methods. It is done at few centers in India and for further details you will have to consult an experienced orthopedician who can guide you further. If you have more queries I will be glad to answer. Dr Shailja P Wahal