Suggest the dosage of azithromycin for chlamydia

I'm trying to find out the dosage for azithromycin 500mg tablets for chlamydia
Posted Fri, 14 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Hello, I would be happy to help... Detailed Answer: If a patient presented for treatment of Chlamydia: 1 gram as a single dose = 2 x 500g tablets. This is an acceptable regimen. I always tell patients to make sure that they go in to their doctor for a followup "test of cure". Please provide a positive rating for this answer.
Follow-up: Suggest the dosage of azithromycin for chlamydia 13 hours later
Thank you. Is this once a day two 500mg tablets? Two times a day or something else?
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Here you go.. Detailed Answer: It is a single dose of 1 gm = take both tablets now, once As I said, make sure that you go in for followup testing in about 2 weeks to make sure you are clear.