Suggest the cure for hair loss problem due to dandruff while swimming

Dermatologist
Question
Hello Doc, I have started going to swimming .I have got more hair loss after that. There are kind of dandruffs or dust from hair falls on my forehead & creating small pimples on forehead..First i thought it might be due to heat allergy but that is due to dandruff.. Kindly suggest what steps should i take for it ?
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Suggestions Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Welcome to healthcare magic, Dandruff is caused by a fungus called Malazessia. This fungus is a normal commensal( residing in the body). Some people will mount an allergy against it causing dandruff. This fungus loves oil. Use a shampoo containing Ketoconazole 2% ( For eg : Keraglo AD Shampoo ) thrice a week for a month. After that continue using one a week at least for maintaining the improvement. Do not apply oil on your scalp. Hair fall could be due to the high chlorine content of the water or due to the weight loss or physical stress brought on by the new exercise regime of swimming. You may take supplements containing biotin and calcium pantothenate ( Eg : Tablet Xtraglo ) once a day for three months. Use a swimming cap for swimming if you are not using one. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help.

Follow-up: Suggest the cure for hair loss problem due to dandruff while swimming 2 hours later
Thanks Doc, I will follow your suggestions . But do i require to take supplements Biotin & Calcium pantothenate ? Because i am following my diet chart and have reduced intake of milk and just have 1 glass of milk per day. Will consuming those supplements come as an obstacle for my diet chart or my weight loss ?

Answered by Dr. Johny Chacko 16 hours later
Brief Answer: Calorie content of supplement Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Welcome back, I will recommend you to take the supplements as it gives a boost for the hair to get over the stress and grow. If you are bothered about the calories in the supplement then don't worry. One tablet of Xtraglo contains only 1.15 Kcal. 177 milli gram of protein and 109 milli gram of carbohydrate to be exact. So this is not an obstacle for your diet chart. Hope I have answered your query. If you have any clarifications I will be happy to help. Take care.