Suggest suitable ways to reduce cholesterol level

Hi Doctor, I am having a Cholesterol problem. Last time i have check and in reports my cholesterol level in Triglycerides - 481 and DLL - 96.28. Please advice how to reduce the cholesterol.
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prasad 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You need to be started on medication... Detailed Answer: Hi, Your triglycerides are way off the normal limits. I would start fenofibrate drugs such as fenolip once a day. If your total cholesterol is also abnormal, atorvastatin combination drug such as tonact tg needs to be started. Though these drugs are well tolerated, to avoid and treat side effects appropriately it is better to start them under your treating doctor's guidance. In addition to these drugs, it is equally important to practice healthy life style and maintain ideal body weight. Talk to your primary physician on these aspects. Hope this helps. Regards