Suggest suitable way to reduce weight

Hi this is XXXXXXX .i want reduce my weight Please advice
Posted Fri, 29 Nov 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for the query I would like to know a few things in order to help you 1. What is your weight and height? 2. Please let me know your food habit on an average day? 3. Do you consume alcohol? How often and how much? 4. Have you undergone blood tests for thyroid function, etc? 5. DO you engage in exercises? 6. What type of job do you hold? for eg: desk job, moderate physical activity, etc Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: Suggest suitable way to reduce weight 37 minutes later
Hi Details below: 1)My height is 5.6 and weight is 86. 2)Morning Tiffin like two vodapove,poha and upma after noon Food Dinner two chapathis with subjii 3)Yes..i am having alcohol every two weeks ones Two bears. 4)No..i haven't get any tests. 5)Earlrier i went gyms but now no. 6)I am working as Software engineer all my work is in Desk top only.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 35 minutes later
Brief Answer: Overweight Detailed Answer: Thanks for the quick and detailed reply Here are my suggestions to you 1. Your ideal body weight is around 65kg. 2. The food you are eating is not high in calories but you are still over weight that means you must be either snacking in between with chips, biscuits, aerated drinks etc for your basal metbolic rate is very low 3. To increase your BMR you will have to engage in physicial activities like cycling, jogging, swimming for at least 30 min everyday. But please make sure you dont increase your food intake parallely 4. Drink atleast 4 tp 5 glasses of water, when you are thirst please do not take any other fluids as a substitute like juice, coke, etc 5. Go get your annual check up of lipid profile, thyroid test done. 6. Rejoin the gym, every man should spend at least half hour in exercises no matter how busy he is 7. Best way to watch your diet is by eating a lot of fruits and vegetables, this will not only reduce hunger but also add to the bulk of the food making you full faster. 8. Avoid food XXXXXXX in oil like masala dosa, poori, onion dosa. Avoid high calorie food like bakery items I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have any further queries Regards
Follow-up: Suggest suitable way to reduce weight 22 minutes later
Thanks much for your suggestions, How many days it will take time to reduce my weight from 85 to 65. Please advise Any other things need to do from my side. Any possible to reduce my weight in 2 months?. Please advise on this.
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Slow and steady wins the race Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query Trying to lose weight with a crash diet is very unhealthy, i usually advice my patients to try and lose 1 to 1.5 kg every month. In that way they would end up losing 12 to 20kg in a year. Please do not get yourself into crash diets and dietary supplements like calorie burner, etc. They are very dangerous and unhealthy 1. Make a note of the amount of calories you are eating, cut it down to 1500 calories per day. There are various calorie counter apps on both android and ios devices 2. Exercise daily, this single step will help you not only lose weight but also feel lighter and more energetic I hope I was of help to you Regards