Suggest suitable way to reduce tummy fat?

Infectious Diseases Specialist
HI m XXXX 5.9 feet tall ,working as software engg , need to reduce my tummy fat bit , is there any way to reduce fat by taking tablet and syrup
Posted Fri, 25 Oct 2013 in Weight Loss
Answered by Dr. Roopa Hiremath 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Best way is healthy diet and exercise

Detailed Answer:
Hi Mr. XXXX,
Welcome to Health care magic.
The best way to lose weight is by healthy diet and exercise.
Taking any kind of tablets or syrups is not the right way especially for a young healthy individual.
Medications are prescribed for fat loss but in very obese persons, in patients suffering from other disorders like hypothyroidism, very high cholesterol levels etc.
I also understand that as you are software engineer you might have erratic office schedules and most of your work gets done sitting in front of the computer.
I would like to suggest the following for you:
1. First check your weight and calculate how much you have to lose in kgs.
For a 25 year old man who is 5.9 feet tall, ideal weight ranges from 68 to 72 kg.
2. Next calculate the number of calories you should eat per day for a person who has a sedentary lifestyle.
For you ideal number of calories would be 30 calories/kg body weight per day.
So for your ideal body weight you should have around 1900 - 2100 calories per day. (30cal X 70kg)
3. Start a regular exercise like walking, jogging or join a gym for a regular work out.
4. Concentrate on the body part which needs more shaping up. In your case as you have more tummy fat, do more abdominal exercises for getting into shape.

Ideally you should lose half to 1 kg per week not more than that.

This is the ideal way of bringing your body into shape and also staying healthy.

I hope I have answered your query satisfactorily.