Suggest some treatment for dark circles and dark eyelids? Can I try melalite?

Suggest something for dark circles and dark eyelids? Can I try melalite?
I also have dark spots on face due to sun burn and get acne in forehead and chin
Posted Tue, 27 Nov 2012 in Pigmentation Problems
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in.

Dark circles under the eye can be caused by several factors.
The common causes are low hemoglobin or anemia,faulty lifestyle like sleeping late night,inadequate sleep,working on computers and laptops for long hours.

Other rare causes include allergies,atopic dermatitis,liver disease,age and hereditary factors.

Out of all these what factors you are having?

As you have mentioned you have got Allergies it might be the cause in your case.

Also low Haemoglobin or anemia is very common and easily treatable cause in females of your age.You can take fersolate CM tablets one daily till your haemoglobin is 12 or more.

Please have intake of fruits and vegetables.Please get checked once for hemoglobin and liver function test.Get your eyes checked for refraction.

Be sure to drink enough water.

Wear sunscreen with a minimum of SPF 30 under the eyes to prevent skin weakening caused by sun damage.

Get plenty of rest.

You can apply cool cucumber slices over closed eyes for 15 minutes.

Vitamin C helps to strengthen blood vessel walls.Try takin lot of vitamin c containing foods.Also you can take LIMCEE tablets once a day as supplement.

The dietary supplements grape seed extract and pycnogenol contain antioxidant pigments that may help to strengthen blood vessels.
Certain foods, such as cranberries, blueberries, bilberries, tea (green and black), black currant, onions, legumes, and parsley also contain these antioxidant pigments. Or you can take antioxidant tablets like DERANTOX tablet one per day.

Also you can apply KOZIMAX cream on the dark areas only at night time.
And take Tablet Derantox once a day.

Also you can visit a dermatology clinic where they can offer you few treatments which can reduce undereye circles faster.ACCUGEL treatment for dark circles is available in skin clinics.

For acne continue cap doxy 100 twice a day and also you can apply FACECLIN A gel on acne at night time.

USe AHAGLOW face wash it will help you both in acne and dark circles.

This will help a lot.

If you have any further query feel free to ask.I will be available for follow up.

MD Dermatology