Suggest some preponing or postponing tablet without any side effects

Hi My name is XXXXXXX and m going to get married on 11th Nov 2012, but i have a problem with my period date as it may start from 10th Nov. Please suggest any pill that can control my period till the time I want or else I can start the period few days before my marriage. And please also confirm if there any side effects of taking these pills???
Posted Fri, 16 Nov 2012 in Menstruation and Miscarriage
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 30 minutes later
Usually for preponing the periods hormonal preparations are given for 10 to 15 days before the expected date depending for how long you want to prepone the period.

Since you want the periods to finish before 11th November, it is quite late now to induce them by means of medication.

You can consider delaying them by a week if it is suitable. For this Primolut N or norethisterone is given twice daily till the time you want to delay and not for more than 15 days. After stopping the drug usually periods start in 3 to 4 days.Its use is associated with side effects like nausea,vomitting,tiredness,headache etc.

You can discuss this with a Gynaecologist regarding this and get a prescription for the same. It is not advisable to take any medication without a proper examination.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Suggest some preponing or postponing tablet without any side effects 22 hours later
Can a couple do sex while the girl is undergoing her periods on 4th or 5th day and if yes then is there any harm to girl??
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 16 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Yes. You can have sex while having periods. It is comparatively safe period and chances of pregnancy are minimal during that time.
But it can predispose the girl to higher chances of contracting any infection as blood is a good culture medium and encourages the organisms to grow and also the os ( uterine opening) is open during that time.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Suggest some preponing or postponing tablet without any side effects 36 minutes later
Is there any side effect of taking so much contraceptive pills at the interval of 15 or 20 days after sex, and which pill is safe to take and have lesser side effects. and for howmany days a couple can do unprotected sex after taking contraceptive pill.what are better ways and modern contraception?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 17 hours later
All contraceptive pills are associated with minor side effects like nausea, vomiting, headache, tiredness, etc but all these are tolerable side effects. If you start taking contraceptive pills from day 1 of the cycle, then you are protected against pregnancy from day 7.
The best way for you should be an oral pill. Your gynecologist will help you in deciding the best contraceptive after an examination.