Suggest some medicine to avoid cholesterol and heart related problem

My age is 42 years having no problem. As a precaution can i take 75mg Tablet everyday to keep Blood thin to avoid Colestrol problem and Heart related issues. you can suggest me the name of medicine. ( is ecosprin medicine is advisabel )
Posted Wed, 19 Dec 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 37 minutes later
Thanks for writing in.
I am a qualified and certified cardiologist. I read your question with diligence.
You have a point. However it is upto blood thinner point you are correct. Though Ecospirin is prescription drug you can take Dispirin break it into half and take after meals (never empty stomach).
As drugs against Cholesterol and Diabetes the other two risk factors in India can not be prescribed without screening it is better to get Fasting Blood Sugar and Lipid Profile done and if abnormal get the drug(s) prescribed. That is safer approach for anti cholesterol drug any of the statins can result in abnormal liver tests in miniscule of patients therefore taking under supervision is fine.
Live a healthy stress free life; maintain an ideal body weight for your height and do moderate exercise say brisk walking for 40 minutes a day. Do not eat saturated fat take plenty of boiled vegetables and fruits. With these measures you shall succeed in keeping cardiologist away. Good Luck.

If there is further query which you might have I will be most happy to answer. Good Luck.
With Best Wishes:

Dr Anil Grover
MBBS, MD (Medicine) DM(Cardiology)
Cardiologist and Internist
http:/ WWW.WWWW.WW
Follow-up: Suggest some medicine to avoid cholesterol and heart related problem 46 hours later

Thanks for your guidence. Pl. tell me how many time in a day i have to take Disprin. as you have suggested half tablet after meal that is half of 75mg right.
Answered by Dr. Anil Grover 4 hours later
Thanks for writing back.
Regular aspirin tablet usually dispensed as Dispirin is 325 mg, I have suggested half of this after meals once a day. So total daily dose is about 160 mg.
Thank you for asking question from WWW.WWWW.WW

Dr Anil Grover