Suggest some medicine for weight gain

recommend some medicine which will help me weight gain faster
Posted Sat, 25 May 2013 in Weight
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 25 hours later

I see that you are a female aged 16 years. Most teenage girls at 16 yrs are slim. They do not eat well and tend to be on the lower side of the ideal weight.

There is nothing to worry about it. As age progresses, you will eat better and have the ideal weight.

There are many medications to gain weight faster like anabolic steroids, etc. However, the side effects and risks of using these outweighs the benefits recurred. Hence, in general practice, physicians do not suggest this and so do I, especially for a teenager like you.

I would only suggest you to take healthy food with more of vegetables and fruits, milk, high protein diet with milk, egg and soya. Regular exercise would make you gain healthy body mass. Drink plenty of fluids.

Take my word; please do not try any medications to gain weight faster. Such events have caused serious medical concerns in few of patients whom I have seen.

Hope this helps you. Let me know if you have more concerns.