Suggest some medicine for hair loss

Jul 2012

Hi! Sir , I am XXXXXX I am 25 yrs old . Iam facing hair loss problems from last 4 years . now my hairs have became thin and bald . kindly suggest any medicine . I dont have dandruff problems but i am working in a dusty area .
Posted Wed, 10 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 33 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX Firstly, it has to be asessed what 'type' of hair loss you are suffering? Are you married/single/periods regular /excessive bleeding?/anemia?
All these may lead to decreased Hemoglobin levels that can cause hair fall. A simple Hb (hemoglobin) examination will give you a clue. Water too in the region can be a problem. Make sure you use a good filter or use bottled water to wash your scalp. Dont shampoo your hair for more than 2 times/week & ues a broad toothed comb. Specifically, use a 2% minoxidil lotion on your scalp twice/daily on dry scalp for 2-3 mths. Dont handle your hair too often. I trust all this will help you on your way & you will soon have a great head of hair! Good Luck & regds,
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD
Dermatologist, Cosmetologist XXXXXXX Hospital, Bangalore, India
Follow-up: Suggest some medicine for hair loss 5 minutes later
Sir ,

Recently i have gone with my haemoglobin tests it was 13 % and yes i sometimes suffer from irregular periodic problems . I am suffering from female pattern baldness . I am afraid that use of minodoxil 2 % will increase my hair loss in first few months use or not ??? kindly suggest .
Answered by Dr. Praveen Rodrigues 8 minutes later
Hi there XXXXXXX
A hemoglobin of 13% is fairly good for the average Indian woman & unless symptomatic, there is no need for any iron supplements.
By, female pattern baldness, i presume you mean losing hair all over the scalp & not only on the frontal aspect like that happens in a 'male-patterned' baldness in women subjects.
Please follow all the general measures advised including aquiring a good water filter for your shower-head or using bottled water for the twice/week bathing of the scalp.
2% minoxidil lotion on dry scalp WILL help you & NO it will NOT increase hair loss first few months.
Please note 'stress' plays a major role in hair loss issues..perhaps there is an impending marriage or some work/study stressor or a partner/spouse issue bothering you. that you need to address.
Please do follow up with a dermatologist nearest you for further advise on the ground!
Do hope this has helped you make an informed deciscion!
Cheers & Good Luck XXXXXXX
Dr Praveen Rodrigues MD