Suggest some dietary plans to reduce body fat

Please suggest some dietary tips (whats and what nots), physical exercises to reduce the body fat, especially the belly fat. Myself, I am having more fat in my upper body. Please suggest me how to reduce the fat content. Suggest me with that dietary supplements that can be found in India and exercises (Video links if required).

Posted Mon, 3 Dec 2012 in Diet Plans
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
A rational combination of balanced diet moderate calories and good amount of protein and a moderate regular aerobic exercises like jogging/brisk walking 30minutes per day are enough to serve your purpose. Do not invest time and effort in learning too complex rhythms, they are plainly unnecessary for you cause.
About the amount of meal you take- a good guide is to eat that much, by eating that you can walk comfortably if needed. You will find that it cuts down about half a roti from your full stomach feeding that is fattening you. By this norm you would get rid of excess fat slowly and it will become a behaviour so the regaining of lost weight would also not be an issue.
A diet high in protein helps to build muscles, not fat. But choose foods which are high in protein and low in fat in order to gain muscle mass.
Some suggestions can be:
•Dried fruit and nuts
•Fruit OR Vegetable juice along with Chicken or Paneer or Vegetable sandwiches (preferably brown bread)
•Omelette with toast or roll
•Cereal with milk
•A protein or energy bar
•A protein or energy shake
You should NOT be eating fat. Fat slows down digestion. It would also be slowing down the digestion of protein and carbohydrate that you had after the work out.
Include more of whole pulses, legumes, milk products, soya products, peanut butter, nuts and dry fruits, chicken in your diet. Avoid junk foods, oily foods, carbonated beverages, alcohol, saturated sweets which will eventually suppress your hunger, substitute with fruit milkshakes, chicken / tuna sandwich, boiled pulses like rajma, chole, paneer tikka, tofu sandwiches, dry fruit milkshakes, lassi, buttermilk, whole milk, groundnut chikki/ burfi, XXXXXXX banana which are high in protein and low in fat.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have any follow up queries or doubts, you can forward them for me, and I shall be glad to help you.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.