Suggest sleeping tablet to take during end stage of Autoimmune hepatitis?

Gastroenterologist
Question
Hi
Please can you advise which is best sleeping tablet to take when I have end stage AIT
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
What do you mean by AlT

Detailed Answer:
hello! Thanks for putting query here. I am a Gastroenterologist. Will you please give full form of AlT? Waiting for feedback

Follow-up: Suggest sleeping tablet to take during end stage of Autoimmune hepatitis? 1 hour later
I have auto immune hepatitis which has gone undiagnosed from birth.
I am now probably suffering from aescemic bowel and heart. I possibly have varices
In both oesophageus and abdomen. So please advise on best course of action.
I really need sleep, as it evades me, what is the best medication, that will not cause further liver damage. Thank you.

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sedatives are contraindicated in end stage liver

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for feedback and sorry for delay. In all end stage liver disease of any etiology all kind of sedatives are contraindicated as they may precipitate hepatic encephalopathy. So it is never advisable to take any sedative in liver disease as none is safe. You may also discuss with your treating doctor regarding this. Wish you a good health

Follow-up: Suggest sleeping tablet to take during end stage of Autoimmune hepatitis? 19 minutes later
XXXXXXX that's great, thank you. Very helpful.
New to this site but seem to be talking to you and another doctor.
But you've been great as well

Answered by Dr. Amit Jain 12 hours later
Brief Answer:
hello!

Detailed Answer:
Most welcome. If you do not have any further query, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish you a good health.