Suggest short term diuretics for moderate weight loss

Please suggest a short term diuretics for a moderate weight loss. I am 44 and 85 kg with 168 cms. Just need a one kg to 2 kg loss. Please
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Not recommended to use diuretics Detailed Answer: Hi there Thank you for sending in your query. Your Body mass index (BMI) is 30.1. This implies that you have clinically significant obesity. Bringing down your BMI to <26 (approx 10 kg weight loss) will help in improving your health including an easier control of blood pressure and cholesterol. The recommended approach would be to consult a dietitian who can prescribe a low calorie low fat diet. Additionally a structured exercise program will be required. The use of diuretics as a short or long term measure for losing weight is NOT recommended as the therapy has number of side effects and is often not effective. So instead of a short term quick gain approach, I recommend lifestyle changes as above, for improving your long term health. I hope this was helpful I will be happy to provide answers to any other questions which you may have. Regards Dr Bhabhe
Follow-up: Suggest short term diuretics for moderate weight loss 58 minutes later
Thanks doctor
Answered by Dr. Aditya Bhabhe 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Glad to be of help Detailed Answer: Glad I could be of help Dr Bhabhe