Suggest safest anesthesia for parathyroid surgery

Yes please, I have to schedule a parathyroid surgery very soon and am very concerned as to the type of anesthesia I should use with the best surgeon to choose in FL? My fear is due to a recent body scan showing a need for the angiogram, which turned out fine 60/30-- however; the anesthesia that was used put me into a four day coma. need to know the safest anesthesia for my upcoming parathyroid surgery? My fear is Fenthal mixed with Versed -- they even used Morphine to get me out of severe trauma. (Sorry about spelling) Thanks XXXX
Posted Wed, 26 Feb 2014 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Minimally invasive with local anesthesia Detailed Answer: Good day XXXX Thank you for asking. I am Dr S XXXXXXX and i would like to help you with your search for the suitable anesthesia. Miss XXXXXXX I want you to know that age of 72 is not a friendly age for surgery and at such advanced age anesthesia of any type is a really serious issue with any possible out come. Now what you can do is to consult with anesthesiologists for helping you select the best one for you. I prefer a minimal invasive surgery with either ultrasound guidance or viideo assistance to shorten the time in your case. That can be done through both General Endotracheal anesthesia, or Local anesthetic with or with out cervical block with intravenous sedation. Get this issue discussed with your doctors and discuss the option i mentioned. I am sure they will sort out the way for you. Take care of yourself Miss XXXXXXX and let me know if you need any thing else. DOnt forget to close the discussion please. Regards Dr S XXXXXXX