Suggest safe soap for cleaning healing wound genital area

Dec 2013

Hi I am XXXX from Calcutta.I had a benign non healing ulcer removed from my private area around 2 months back.I wanted to know which mild soap, with more of natural ingredients, to use in cleaning the affected area.
Posted Tue, 25 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 10 minutes later
Brief Answer: Kindly provide important details Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX welcome and thanks for posting your query to the forum. I am quite empathetic to your suffering and can understand the concern in term care of non healing ulcer. Before I tell you about your concern can you please let me know the exact present status of the wound : - Is it present at the genital/anal area. - What is the present condition of the ulcer now- has it healed completely or partially. - Are you undergoing any dressing or bandage at the affected area. - How you are taking care of the area personally- means what are you using presently for the care of the area. "Wish you good health" with regards, Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia (MD - Dermatology & STD)
Follow-up: Suggest safe soap for cleaning healing wound genital area 27 minutes later
The wound is in the genital area which has not healed as yet.Their is no dressing. I have been cleaning the area with water & soap as advised by the treating doctor.The soap I have been using is Pears but I wanted to use a soap which is mild & have natural ingredients rather than chemicals.
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 49 minutes later
Brief Answer: Proper hygiene & increase Vitamin C in diet Detailed Answer: Hello XXXX, Thanks for follow up and providing me the important details so that now I can help you better. After analyzing the condition and interpreting the facts let me guide you certain suggestions as per your condition: -For the main part of the query- let me guide you that if I were your treating doctor then would have preferred for Himalaya Protecting soap. It is one of the soap which contains more of the natural contents and is close to skin pH. In general soaps do not make great difference as thee are in application for a very brief period of not more than a minute of two so are not very helpful in healing. - Keep your self away from hot and humid climate. - Take two times bath. Dry the area as soon as possible. Use two towels after bath to dry your area. - Wear lose cotton clothes and cotton undergarments to be changed two times a day. Do not wear any synthetic or tight garments. - Do warm water compresses according to the weather condition for two times before bath. Take a towel soaked in warm water and keep it for 5 minutes ( to be dipped and cleansed in water every minute). - Do not sit continuously for long hours. -Don't try to scratch or rub the area as can lead to further aggravation of the problem. I additionally suggest you to clean the area with betadine in diluted form. It means you can take a tea spoon of beatdine lotion and mix it with 4 tea spoons of warm water. Clean the area thoroughly and gently two times by this diluted solution. Furhter to tell you – Serratiopeptidase tablets are quite helpful in early wound healing. Vitamin C in diet also helps us out in formation of collagen and there fore the repairing process. So I suggest you to increase all the sour fruits like oranges or other citrus fruits along with lemon in your daily diet. I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help. "Wish you good health and early recovery from the problem" Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology & STD)