Suggest safe medications to relieve sciatica pain

Nov 2013

ive tried Tylenol ibuprofen and diclafenac to ease my sciatic doctor says my liver is inflamed from these and toild me to stop taking them...I aslo take Neurontin and baclofen ..they ease the pain but don't get rid of it totally so I can work and play golf etc what pain meds if any can I take that wont stress my liver..thanks ernie ps does allopurinol adversely affect the liver
Posted Thu, 20 Mar 2014 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer: You can take gabapentin and baclofen together. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for posting your query. I have noted your complaints, blood reports and the current medications. Gabapentin is safe for liver and you can take it along with baclofen. Other safe medications to relieve sciatica pain (without adversely affecting your liver) would be pregabalin and duloxetine capsules. Allopurinol is safe for liver and can be taken to lower the uric acid levels. I hope my answer helps. Please get back if you have any follow up queries or if you require any additional information. Wishing you good health, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD (Internal Medicine), DM (Neurology) XXXXXXX Consultant Neurologist Apollo Hospitals, Hyderabad, India Click on this link to ask me a DIRECT QUERY: My BLOG:
Follow-up: Suggest safe medications to relieve sciatica pain 10 hours later
report attached.
Answered by Dr. Sudhir Kumar 9 minutes later
Brief Answer: Reports are normal. Detailed Answer: I have seen the reports. Liver enzymes are slightly elevated. They are mostly normal, and no action is needed at present. Best wishes, Dr Sudhir Kumar MD DM (Neurology)