Suggest safe and effective birth control

Sep 2012

i recently became father of baby boy. i & my wife both are willing to give 4 to 5 yrs for 2nd child. in these circumstances, advice us regarding easy & safe birth control methods apart from condoms.
Posted Wed, 2 Jan 2013 in Birth Control
Answered by Dr. Das Arindam 38 minutes later

Thank you for posting a query.

Firstly, condom is the most safe and reliable contraceptive.

I am telling that because, apart from condom, there are birth control methods. But those all are hormonal agents which may be harmful sometimes. Now a days in our fast life having lots of problems, hormonal imbalance may also lead some serious problem.

But still, as you wanted to know, the best birth control method is taking oral contraceptive pills. During lactation, the drug of choice is progesterone. When she starts to have her periods, then she needs pills containing both progesterone and estrogen derivatives.

Another method is to have copper T containing hormonal agents. This is performed by gynecologist. It is available for varying time period like 3 year and more.

In case of both the methods, some unwanted side effects are present like irregular bleeding, spotting, white discharge, and many more.

For this reason, before starting any drug, you should visit a gynecologist for clinical examination and for prescribing the best drug or method accordingly.

Hope this information is suffices. Let me know, if you have any more question.