Suggest remedy to reduce occurrence of frequest cold and cough to increase immunity

Feb 2013

Hi, This is regarding my 15 month old child. He frequently suffers from Cold and cough. Any way to reduce the occurrence and to increase his immunity
Posted Wed, 8 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 1 hour later
Brief Answer: balanced diet, avoid exposure to allergies, infections. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. Frequent cold and cough is common in children below the age of 6 years due to low resistance and immunity. As the age increases, children will get immunity and resistance capacity to the most commonly occurring infections and the frequency of cold and cough decreases. Another possibility is allergy to cold air, dust, some varieties of foods. Give him a well balanced nutritious diet along with vegetables, leafy vegetables, and fruits. Prevent the exposure of the child to cold air, dust, pollution, smoke, pets, and crowded places. And avoid exposing the child to people with cold and cough to prevent cross infection. Watch for any food allergies especially during the introduction of new food varieties. And get him vaccinated for all routine vaccines as per the schedule with the advice of your Pediatrician. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.