Suggest remedy to prevent severe ear pain and teeth pain when down with cold

ENT Specialist
Hi, My name is XXXX, I get sever ear pain and teeth pain when ever i catch cold and because of it i am not able to work at all during this item period and its last for more than a week and because of the same i am having a lot of hair loss and not having food properly. kindly suggest what exactly can be to prevent
Posted Tue, 7 Jan 2014 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Eustachian tube dysfuction Detailed Answer: Hi Mam, I have gone through your query, medical history and current medications. It suggests that you may be suffered from the eustachian tube dysfunction. For your kind information about the eustachian tube dysfunction---> 1. It means that the Eustachian tube is blocked or does not open properly. Air cannot then get into the middle ear. Therefore, the air pressure on the outer side of the eardrum becomes greater than the air pressure in the middle ear. This pushes the eardrum inward. 2. It is usually a temporary problem that lasts a week or so and most commonly occurs during and after a cold. 3. Treatment for this mainly local and systemic nasal decongestant, antihistamines, or a steroid nasal spray. 4. Ear pain is due to this negative pressure. 5. Teeth pain may be referred because ear and teeth both have common nerve supply. Better to consult the ENT specialist for better diagnosis and management. If you have any doubt, I will be available for your query.
Follow-up: Suggest remedy to prevent severe ear pain and teeth pain when down with cold 12 hours later
Thank You for the Information, that is the explanation provided by the ENT doctor so will take care of health. Thank you for the reply.
Answered by Dr. Hariom Sharma 5 minutes later
Brief Answer: welcome Detailed Answer: Please close this discussion if you have no more questions to me. Wish you good health