Suggest remedy to heal itchy skin rash at back of leg

Jan 2014

Hi, i have a itchy rash on the back of my left leg. Its been there for atleast a month. It start out small as if something bit me. Now the original spot is black but the rash is traveling. It may only itch once or twice a day. Ive tried all kinds of ointments. Please help.
Posted Sat, 28 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 13 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more information+Pic with clarity will help Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for posting your query at XXXXXXX I would like to gather more information regarding the rash to be able to help you better. You said it is travelling? Does that means it is expanding with central clearing? Is the rash Oval/circular/ring like or annular in shape? Is their scaling? Do you have it anywhere else on the body? what all ointments have you used on it? Can you send me a picture with clarity? It will help immensely.. regards
Follow-up: Suggest remedy to heal itchy skin rash at back of leg 5 hours later
at first it was just moving across the crest of my leg. now it seems to be moving upward. the orgin is the darker spot to the corner. i've use benadryl cream, 5 start ointment, and now im using mupirocin. (family member had never used). this is the only area it is in
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Lichenoid Dermatitis/Chronic Dermatitis Detailed Answer: Hi. Thanks for such clear pictures. It seems Classical Lichenoid Dermatitis. I could see that the Skin is Thickened, Dry, Scaly and Pigmented in that area. Mupirocin won't help at all because its just an antibacterial ointment. Apply a good moisturizing cream twice OR thrice daily. I would advice that you consult a dermatologist who should prescribe you certain creams/Ointments which would be Steroid based (specially the one which contains either Clobetasol propionate OR Mometasone furoate). You can use this cream at this patch for 2 - 4 weeks over and above the moisturizing cream. Along with this you can take an oral antihistamine like cetrizine 10 mg once daily for the itch part. Follow this and it will really help. take care regards Dr. kakkar