Suggest remedy to cure respiratory tract infection?

ENT Specialist
I had cough and rhinitis for 2 weeks and I also had fever for 2 days only on 11th Nov i went to my family doctor and he recommended augpen 625, montas c and beukeuf blue which i had for 5 days; went to him again and augpen was extended for 3 more days and montas and beukeuf for 5 days; i became absolutely ok; last 3 days once again i had throat irritation and sporadic coughing when there was irritation in throat; today my cough has slightly increased and have mild pain in throat also; my doctor is out of station and comes back next week; wanted advice;
Posted Sat, 21 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 3 hours later
Brief Answer: consult your doctor Detailed Answer: Hello, You seem to have lower respiratory tract infection this time. I usually prescribe Levofloxacin 500 mg once daily to my patients but you should consult a physician and get your chest examined and if required a Xray can be done. In addition you can take a cough syrup to get soothing action in throat. Anti inflammatory with anti pyretic is also required. You can take XXXXXXX warm saline gargles so that pain is decreased. This infection seems to come from the previous infection .You took treatment earlier for short duration. Now you need to take complete course after consulting your doctor In doubt do reply.
Follow-up: Suggest remedy to cure respiratory tract infection? 40 hours later
I went to another GP since my GP was out of station and he has diagnosed this as pharyngeal and epiglottis congestion - and has recommended a course of montek lc, syrup ambrolyte s besides pantocid dsr for 5 days. This has reduced my inflammation since yesterday. When ever i get up from sleep my throat is sore - i do use 2 pillows. Any further advice.
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 7 minutes later
Brief Answer: Take antibiotics Detailed Answer: Hello, You are not taking any antibiotic? The infections are mostly viral but do have associated bacterial infections or the bacterias do come in picture , you should take antibiotics. Antibiotics will also prevent any infection developing in the lungs. And if there is epiglottitis then you should take oral steroids also .This will help in getting better faster as will reduce the congestion and inflammation. You can discuss with your doctor . As he is the best judge who has examined you not me. In doubt do reply
Follow-up: Suggest remedy to cure respiratory tract infection? 1 hour later
OK Let me discuss with him tomorrow - Thanks and appreciate the prompt response.
Answered by Dr. Abhishek Sharma 4 hours later
Brief Answer: Thankyou Detailed Answer: Thankyou , Do update me.