Suggest remedy to control loose motions

My baby hit his head yesterday as he fell off the bed he threw up once but has had diarrhoea for two days and they smell like vomit
Posted Thu, 30 Jan 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Synthyia Bhagat 56 minutes later
Brief Answer: relax. Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query. Since there is only one episode of vomiting so nothing to worry. Also 24 hours have passed so you can relax. Regarding loose motions it is mostly viral in nature and settles in few days. Most important is to maintain and monitor hydration. Give oral rehydration solution sip by sip after each loose stools. Give lemonade,buttermilk,curd,rice porridge,banana,boiled potato. Observe level of activity. In case there is refusal of feeds/she is lethargic/decrease urine output get her examined by pediatrician for further management. Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can help you further. Wishing your child good health. God bless..