Suggest remedy for very dry anus

I am bothered by a very dry anus. Sometimes it burn and itch.
Posted Mon, 6 Jan 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 48 minutes later
Brief Answer: Need more info Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for the query I need to know a few more details in order to come to a better conclusion 1. How long has this been bothering you? 2. Have you traveled recently? Do you eat lots of raw vegetables? 3. Is your bowel movements regular? 4. Have you spotted blood in your stools anytime? Now for the second part of your query 1. Do you feel that your stomach is distended with gas and there is frequent burping? 2. Please mention your height and weight? 3 Do you suffer from constipation? Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply Regards
Follow-up: Suggest remedy for very dry anus 4 hours later
1.have been bothered this conditions fo7-8 yrs 2. yes, yes 3. yes 4.yes 1.yes 2.5' 1" 3. sometimes
Answered by Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha 11 hours later
Brief Answer: Heomorrhoids Detailed Answer: Thanks for the reply From the the details you have provided and by the fact that you have occasional bleeding and constipation I would like to diagnose a probability of internal hemorrhoids in you. Here are my suggestions to you 1. For the anal itching and burning you can apply a local lignocaine jelly, it will give you symptomatic relief instantly 2. Constipation itself can aggravate anal itching and burning. Add lots of fibre in the form of fruits and vegetables to your diet. Syp Lactulose 10ml at night should help with the bowel movements, passing stools should also help to bring down the bloating of the stomach 3. Drink at least 6 glasses of water a day 4. Avoid using colored toilet paper as this also causes excessive dryness and itching 5. Please visit a general surgeon to examine you to rule out chronic issues like fissure in ano and hemorrhoids which might be causing the anal itching and dryness 6. Common reasons for bloating of stomach are flatus ( gas) and stools, you could use drugs like pantoprazole with domperidone once a day before food it bring down the gaseous distention of the stomach I hope I was of help, please get back to me if you have any further queries I am sorry for the short delay in my reply, I was on call at my hospital Regards