Suggest remedy for permanent dandruff cure

Dec 2013

hi. my husband has dandruff problem. anti dandruff shampoo washes it temporary. pls advice
Posted Tue, 31 Dec 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Kindly see the suggestions below Detailed Answer: Hi, Welcome and thanks for posting your query to Healthcare magic. I can understand your concern for dandruff in your husband. Scientifically and medically our skin is a multiple layered structure. Our skin gets renewed every day. The layer which is present on the top today will be fallen off tomorrow. It will not be present tomorrow and would be dead skin in form of scales. This process is not actually visible on normally. So we can say we are just one day old from our skin present most superficially. Now in some persons it is renewed at a faster pace. Because of hygiene and scalp hair this dead skin in form of scales gets entangled and trapped in form of visible of scales known as dandruff. It varies from person to person and also on other of factors which makes the difference inter-individually. We can not change our own tendency to renew the skin but the personal measures of hygiene as well as the environmental factors can be modified. It then causes itching of the scalp and related problem of hair fall too. It will definitely help us if we take care of dandruff on its best. For the remedy part follow the things below: 1.Wash scalp daily. I guide my patients to wash twice in a single bath. It means when you are washing your scalp apply first time shampoo for washing the hair part only, then rinse it off immediately with water. Reapply the shampoo again immediately, leave it for around 5 minutes, do a good gentle massage by your fingers for around 2 minutes and then wash it off. By doing so for around 7 days you will get good benefit. 2. Stick to one good shampoo which is suiting hair, don’t change the shampoos frequently. If your husband is using any conditioner also, then to be used over the strands of hair only and not over the scalp skin. There is no difference of shampoos, the only part is to use good company shampoos. If the dandruff is too high then you can use any medicated shampoo containing Ketoconazole in it. 3.Ask your husband to not to not use any kind of hair oil or any oily or creamy stuff any time on your scalp. 4.Comb hair at least 3-4 times a day and most importantly at night time so that the dust particle and other of dead skin is taken off. If you have further queries I will be happy to help. "Wish you good health" Regards, Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia MD (Dermatology)