Suggest remedy for iodine deficiency

I am a 50 yo male. approx 2 mo ago i had iodine levels taken and were 35. my family physician recommended 12.5 mg potas iodine daily for 1 month. My levels are now 380. whatdo i do?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer: You can stop the medicine. Detailed Answer: Hello, Thanks for trusting us with your health concern. The iodine levels at 35 are low and are suggestive of iodine deficiency. After one month of supplementation your iodine levels have reached above normal levels. You can now stop taking further supplements of potassium iodide after consulting your physician. Be sure to continue taking iodine rich foods like sea foods to avoid any further deficiency in future. Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have. Wishing you good health. Regards. Dr. Rakhi Tayal. For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL