Suggest remedy for hair fall

I am suffering from lots of hair fall. So can you tell me which hair oil is best for hair? I am using Almond hair oil or sometime coconut, is the change in oils can be one reason?
Posted Tue, 4 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ilyas Patel 39 minutes later
Brief Answer: There may be some cause of hair fall. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX You said you have excessive hair fall. Remember daily normal hair fall is 100 to 150 per day. Now you have to decide that really you are having excessive hair fall. If it is so, you should under go clinical examination and blood tests to find out some cause. For that, you consult dermatologist. He might prescribe biotin containing tablets like tab Biotin forte 10 mg daily for long time. If some cause is found, that may be treated. If your dermatologist feels that you are having male patterned baldness, he might prescribe finesteride 1 mg daily with minoxidil solution for local application. Actually no hair oil may stimulate hair growth, that might improve texture of hair shaft. Any hair oil may be used as you wish. But if you apply minoxidil, you avoid to apply oil. I think you may be improved. And I advise you to reduce anxiety related hair fall. Stress,anxiety and worries may affect hair condition. There may be increased hair loss. So, be calm and have positive attitude. I hope you got my answer. Still, if you have any query, you may ask... Wishing you healthy life. Thanks. Dr. Ilyas Patel MD