Suggest remedy for dry skin

Hi I am suffering from dry skin issue on my fingers,palm & is itchy also.What should i use for remedy. Thanks
Posted Sun, 23 Feb 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 59 minutes later
Brief Answer: Excessive dry and itchy skin,can be eczematous Detailed Answer: Hi I understand your concern regarding your skin problem and I hope I am able to help you in the same. Now from the description alone, it is difficult to assess if you just excessive dryness of skin or are you developing an eczematous skin disease. I would like to have a look at the exact skin condition. Please click some close up pictures of the skin lesions and upload them here on this page. You can also mail them at YYYY@YYYY with heading as ref to Dr Geetika Paul. Also please tell since when do you have this problem? Is there any seasonal variation which means that does it increase in any particular season? Is there dryness all over the body or only at the places mentioned by you? Any lesions over scalp? I am sure I will be able to help you more once you provide me the pictures and the above details. Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest remedy for dry skin 18 hours later
Hi Dr. I have this skin issue since 3 months.My palms are very itchy in morning.This problem is increased in winters specifically.Skin is dry specifically on fingers,palms, legs below ankle & on foot. I taken Allegra tablets for one week & Dipsalic ointment. Can you please share any contact no so that i can talk to you. Thanks Manoj XXXXXXX M:0000
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 18 minutes later
Brief Answer: Eczematous skin disease, winter exacerbation Detailed Answer: Hi again I have seen the attached pictures. Your problem is that of an eczematous skin disease. Now any kind of eczema tends to increase on dryness of skin. So what is important in your case is to keep the skin as hydrated as possible. You basically have a dry skin, hence development of such a problem in your case. So the most important way to prevent recurrence is the regular use of a good moisturizer over the excessive dry areas of your body twice a day. You can use something like hidrate skin creamg In addition, apply oil like coconut oil over the whole body after taking bath. Even for taking bath, use hydrating body washes like sebamed body wash. In addition, you should take capsule vitamin a once a day for fifteen days. Then give a gap of fifteen days and repeat the course. Instead of the cream that you are applying, you should use clop cream and mix it with salicylic acid six percent skin cream and then apply over the affected areas. You can continue to take cetrizine for itching. Hope it helps Dr Geetika Paul
Follow-up: Suggest remedy for dry skin 9 minutes later
Hi Dr, Please advice specific capsule , medicine & Soap for bath.What should be diet in this disease.What cream or ointment should i use on regular use.Can you please tell me cause of this disease. Thanks Manoj
Answered by Dr. Geetika Paul 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Eczema precipitated by dryness of skin Detailed Answer: Hi again You should take capsule aquasol once a day for two weeks and then after a gap of two weeks, take another course. In addition, you can use sebamed body wash or the hidrate soap for taking bath. Rest, you have to mix and apply two medicines as told earlier. You are basically having an eczematous skin condition. This tends to develop more in people with dry skin and tends to increase in winters. So you might need to take extra Care of skin in winters. The more hydrated you will keep your skin, the lesser recurrence you will have. I am sure the treatment advised will be of benefit to you. But if inspite of all this, the condition persists or increases, then you might need to see a local dermatologist for a skin biopsy to find the exact cause of the skin allergy. Dr Geetika Paul