Suggest remedy for disturbed sleep due to intrusive thoughts

I cannot sleep properly. I wake up early in the morning at 2:30, 3, or 4 am and found that I have not slept, means no good sleep. Whenever i wake up felt that I was dreamimg and not sleeping. This problem start from 3 years back, earlier it persist only for 15-20 days in high winter days but slowly it converted into whole year. last year consulted the doctor and he gave the medicine for depression due to high work pressure. I took medicine for 6 months and stopped in MAR 2013 with doctor consultation,after medicine this problem removed. I was good for upto six month back but now start feeling like that. pl advise
Posted Sat, 4 Jan 2014 in Sleep Disorders
Answered by Dr. Yogesh D 15 hours later
Brief Answer: You should talk to a psychiatrist again. Detailed Answer: Hello Mr. XXXXXXX I have gone through your question, and I can understand your problem. Disturbed sleep patterns with a history of depression and probably nightmares/intrusive thoughts suggest you may be suffering from stress and depression again. Unfortunately there is nothing much that can be offered to you in an online forum, you might need medication and you must also speak to a psychiatrist to correctly identify the problem and treat it adequately. Please don't take this suggestion wrongly, psychological problems are quite common and they are similar to other diseases we get. So please go ahead and consult your psychiatrist for further management. Wishing you good health. Regards.