Suggest remedy for continuing nasal obstruction and chronic sinusitis

ENT Specialist
Hi Doctor, Greetings! I have sinus problem. Not sure if its an infection or sinusitis. Had undergone Nasal correction surgery on Nov 2012. But having breathing issues while sleeping at night. There is complete nasal block on left nose. Also, there is muscle growth on the left side of the nose. As prescribed by ENT doctor, I use the tablet "Mucolite" and use nasal spray to relieve myself from blocked nose. More than these, other thing bothering me the most is the irriation in my eye. I always have a feeling of heaviness in my left eye (mainly above the eyelids). Have consulted eye Doctors and they say there is no issues with the eyesight and they suggest that the stress in the eyes might be becos of sinus. This is irritating and I am not able to concentrate on any of my work, which is frustating. Kindly provide a long term solution for this issue. Thank You, XXXX
Posted Tue, 24 Dec 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Sumit Bhatti 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Plain CT PNS pre & post decongestion with Otrivin Detailed Answer: Hi, Thank you for your query. 1. Your symptoms are consistent with a continuing nasal obstruction and chronic sinusitis. 2. Get a plain CT PNS (Para Nasal Sinuses) Scan done with pre and post decongestion study with Otrivin nasal drops. Use up to 5-8 drops per nostril after the first scanning and wait for at least 15 minutes before the second scan. Both Scans should take about a minute and are charged as one Scan Study. Upload the images here for an accurate assessment. Also let me know about any change in your symptoms after using these drops for the Scan. 3. If you have any clinical , surgical notes, it may help. 4. The thick mucus is due to stagnation of the normal mucus either due to blockages, nasal turbinate hypertrophy, loss of mucosal cilliary function, turbulent nasal air flow, fungal infection and sinusitis. 5. Which nasal sprays have you used? Regular use of nasal decongestant sprays may lead to rhinitis Medicamentosa. 6. New treatment options such as Coblation, Radio-frequency and Balloon Sinuplasty may be of help, in addition to medication and revision surgery. I hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be available to answer them. Regards.