Suggest remedy for appetite loss after food poisoning

Hi Doc, We traveled last night by train. I am guessing due to some indigestion, he had a vomiting. Since then he is not eating anything except a bottle of milk twice till now. he looks a bit feverish. Please suggest me further so that he is normal again.
Posted Wed, 5 Feb 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 45 minutes later
Brief Answer: Hi Detailed Answer: Hi Thanks for your query on XXXXXXX It seems that your baby is either having food poisoning or he just has fever due to exertion. I think that for now you can just give him syrup crocin for fever. The dose will be 1.5 ml 4 times a day. It is to be given only if he has fever. If he is still vomiting, then give him Syrup Ondem (Ondansetron) 1 ml 2 times a day. Give him cleaner water to drink and give him Gatorade or ORS-L whenever he vomits or has diarrhea. This will help in replenishing lost fluids and electrolytes. Since he is not having any other symptoms, I think other medicines are not needed at this point. If his condition worsens or gets other symptoms, please take him to a pediatrician. Regarding food, he is not eating because he is not feeling well. He will start eating routine food once he is better. Till that time give him liquid food like khichdi, XXXXXXX rice and daal, cerelac, mashed fruits, etc. He will eat whatever he feels like eating. So you may offer him many types of food. Hope it helps. Regards Dr Vaishalee
Follow-up: Suggest remedy for appetite loss after food poisoning 20 hours later
Thanks a ton for a detailed answer. Very helpful indeed. Got another query if you dont mind. Usually, because of a change in place, his eating habits become kinky. Please suggest to bring him back to his eating track. He tends to eats tit-bits or anything except rice(lunch & dinner) I usually have to suffer for 2-3 weeks. Are there any online websites or counselling sessions to understand my kid better. I go haywire if anything seems amiss!
Answered by Dr. Vaishalee Punj 7 hours later
Brief Answer: Hi again Detailed Answer: Hi again, It is natural for the kids to get upset after travelling. Give him some time to settle down. Give him less milk upto 500 ml a day. Do not give in to his demands that are not good for his health. Explain it to him verbally that one food is good and another is bad. Do not offer him junk food. Give him food after 3 hours or longer when he is hungry. Some kids are picky eaters. Then you have to do some hard work by offering him newer food in the meals. Please know that if he is still young and will eat food when he is hungry. Do not get too worked up by his eating habits, so that it affects your performance. In fact if you feel that you are losing it, then leave him alone for a while and go to another room. There is a website by government of Canada that will help you understand your baby better. Please go to this link: Hope it helps. Dr Vaishalee