Suggest remedies for sore throat, cough and difficulty in breathing

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Sep 2017
Sep 2017

Pulmonologist
Question
I have a sore throat, and minor irritation of the nose, and airways, a little bit of cough and difficulty breathing. A Doctor friend of mine gave me a sample of Benzoin Compound Tincture U.S.P. From what I just read in your web-page I understand that I should mix it with hot water and try to inhale the steam. How many drops of Benzoin Compound Tincture should I use. and how much hot water?. Please let me know your answers at your earliest convenience. Thank you very much.
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Kaushal Bhavsar 57 minutes later
Brief Answer:
You should take 1 liter of hot water and 10 drops of tincture benzoin.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your question on Healthcare Magic.
I can understand your concern.. Yes, you are right inhaled steam (mixed with tincture benzoin) is very good for sore throat.
You should take 1 liter of hot water and 10 drops of tincture benzoin and take steam.
Hope I have solved your query. I will be happy to help you further. Wish you good health. Thanks.