Suggest remedies for severe cough along with watery eyes

Question
I have a barking cough in morning. I'm congested, coughing up flem , watery eyes, eye crust after sleep, on 3rd day. Cough all night.
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Lung and Chest disorders

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Likely respiratory tract infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Welcome to Healthcaremagic. First of all it is sad to know what you had been experiencing lately.

Based on the history you have shared, it seems as if you are suffering from respiratory tract infection. Taking oral anti histamines like cetrizine or loratidine can help with the symptoms alongwith decongestants or taking steam and saline water gargle.

If symptoms persist oral antibiotics like azithromycin or augmentin can be of help. For temperature or body aches OTC analgesic like acetaminophen may be used. Hope this has answered your query.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. Regards

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for severe cough along with watery eyes 4 hours later
Is this contagious at all. I have a dinner to go to Monday?

Answered by Dr. Saddiq Ulabidin 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes it is

Detailed Answer:
Hi! Yes it is contagious but you can safely carry on with not so close contact policy and avoiding sharing the utensils etc. Also keeping a hand towel during sneezing and coughing will work fine. Regards