Suggest remedies for jock itch

Dermatologist
Question
I have toe fungus and jock itch, have tried everything and I cannot stop scratching it
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go for oral and topical antifungals, antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and if your fungal infection is not improving with topical antifungals you need to take oral antifungal drugs.
If I was your treating doctor I would recommend you to take tablet terbinafine 250 mg once daily or capsule itraconazole 100 mg twice daily for 3-4 weeks.
Also apply sertaconazole cream or luliconazole cream on the affected areas twice daily.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
For itching you can take antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Dr Asmeet