Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
149 Doctors are Online

Suggest remedies for anxiety disorder

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 1954
Answered : 3793 Questions
I am having peeling tip of fingers esp thumbs as I pick at the skin and patches peel off and sometimes I peel it too deep that it is sensitive to touch or bleeds. I take Meds for an anxiety disorder and use to bite my nails but if I keep lotion on I can grow them out. What is the best lotion for diabetic skin for hands or do I just need to apply what i have for diabetics more often?

Also, I want to have my dad tested for dementia. After open heart surgery, his anger, frustration and patience with himself is working I think. He will deny dementia and sundowners so I don't use those words. My dad hasn't been tested for ADD but I have. My dad and I favor each other behaviors. We are in the midst of a move and it is very stressful and both of us have trouble dealing with stress. My dad is 83 and I'm 62. I
take Zoloft and Clonapam for anxiety and will increase Clonapam dose when needed. I have just recently increased my ZUoloft to 100 mg in am and 50 mg before bed as I was having dreams with lots of anxiety situations with scenes of activities that would frustrate me because I couldn't solve the problem so I would wake up sweating between my legs from groin to knees. Increasing Zoloft helped alleviate that and therefore I didn't need my morning dose of Clonapam and only take it at 3 pm daily.
What kind of neurologist would I need to seek to seek help with diagnosis of dementia? I went to a neurologist that had a Phd in XXXXXXX NC but we are in Winter XXXXXXX Fl now. A friend went to one and they tested her for several mental diagnoses such as PTSD etc. I believe that neurologist is in XXXXXXX Fl but don't know his name yet. Thxs for listening and trying to help. Any suggestions on how to get dad to go and have test without upsetting him and also what questions should I ask? Thxs for any resources you might have at your disposal. Blessings to you all and make it a great day. Gail
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Your anxiety needs to be controlled

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

I have gone through your question. I think that you need to visit a psychiatrist. He would be able to modify your treatment regimen such that your anxiety remains in control. Your anxiety has a direct association with your trying to peel off the exfoliating skin of your fingers. Application of emollients like aloe vera lotion should be the best solution than can be achieved to prevent the exfoliation.

You need to see a MD doctor who has specialized in neurology, for the diagnosis of dementia in the case of your father. If you want I can help you find one in your area. You can tell your father that a routine check up and periodic investigations can help in detecting ailments that can otherwise go undetected. I think that will sound reasonable and not make him upset.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest remedies for anxiety disorder 18 hours later
Is the reason I and my dad are at each other’s throats and set each other off is that neither of us deal with stress very well. I have an anxiety disorder and take the Zoloft and Clonzepam but still aggregate my dad by my accusations. I woke up at 4:30 am and saw light in kitchen on under my bedroom door. I put my hearing aids in and went out to living room to find out my mom was up too. We had a good laugh after I told them your suggestion was to see a psychiatrist and get my anxiety under control. I told them we all needed to go see a psychiatrist immediately. I have attended a course for diabolical behavior therapy but those things I learned do not come to my mind fast enough to help. Also I’m a Christian and the idea of loving, giving grace and mercy and understanding and sympathy should be what I do instead of being accusatory in my speech. Why can’t I control myself when I get upset? Anyways, my parents went back to bed and I’m going to info mtg at new XXXXXXX home park we just moved to at 8 am and to water aerobics while my parents meet movers at other XXXXXXX home to pack more items and bring to new home. That way when things don’t fit in our storage area since it is 1/3 the size of old space, I won’t be around to argue with them. After water aerobics, I will return to new home and start unpacking and organizing again. Inside while they work outside.
My parents went back to bed at 5:30 and it is now almost 6:00 and I’m going to go back to sleep for an hr. Thanks for listening and trying to help. I need more specific and detailed suggestions and resources. Can you pass this info on to a psychiatrist in your group for me so I can get his input also. Thxs. Make it a blessed day. Blessings to you also. Gail
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Visiting a psychologist can help

Detailed Answer:
Anxiety can run in families but relationships have their own significance. I think that both of you can visit a psychologist. He will be able to offer you some simple tips that will help you to cope better and not get upset so easily.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest remedies for anxiety disorder 2 days later
I’m getting frustrated as I have typed two follow up questions and lost both of them before I pushed send. Is there anyway that the system saves drafts? We are looking for alternatives to managing her pain as pain management and exercise, meds and 2 epidurals haven’t helped. Could you refer us to another dr, other therapy or OT, PT near Winter XXXXXXX Fl either in Lake Wales, XXXXXXX or some other city between Winter XXXXXXX and XXXXXXX or near XXXXXXX Fl? Thxs so much. Gail
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Are you looking for pain relief of your father? Pain due to what?

Detailed Answer:
Unfortunately there is no option to save draft as yet. However, you can copy the contents by selecting the contents and pressing Ctrl+C. You can try acupuncture. It has been proven to depress brain areas responsible for pain. I cannot refer you to a doctor but can provide you references in case you are interested. In such a case please elaborate on the problems you are seeking resolution from. I will provide the references accordingly.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest remedies for anxiety disorder 31 hours later
I’m looking for help with my mom. She is 83 and the surgeon won’t operate. She has a degenerative disc near her tail bone which arthritis has set in. She also has a fused right ankle from the result of a car accident years ago which affects her gait. Also she has CKD and is close to needing kidney dialysis. Her GFR is 10 but Dr said she doesn’t have to
start dialysis until she can’t eat, starts to vomit etc. She has a Medicare Advantage Plan so I’ll check to see if acupuncture is an option as the cost is an issue for my parents.
Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
vertebral traction could help

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for the updates. The condition is indeed difficult. Apart from acupuncture also discuss with the treating physician whether vertebral traction would help.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Dermatologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor