Suggest remedies for accidental ingestion of phenyl

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Question
I have taken approximately 10-15ml domestic phenyl, what should I do
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Accident and Emergency

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 59 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry.

Detailed Answer:
1. A small amount of Phenyl liquid is not dangerous, but it can irritate the delicate lining (mucosa) of the airway, lungs, food pipe and stomach.

2. The irritation or allergy due to phenyl may lead to internal swelling after a few hours, hence I recommend that you consult a doctor immediately, especially if you have cough or difficulty in breathing, in which case you may be admitted for observation.

3. Have a few tablespoons of Liquid Paraffin IP (medical grade) if available to dilute the traces of phenyl and to soothe the internal linings.

4. I will again stress that since the quantity was under 20 ml, there should be no major cause for worry.

I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Regards.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Praveen-Tayal

Follow-up: Suggest remedies for accidental ingestion of phenyl 47 minutes later
After that I have taken few glasses of water mixed with tamarind, and vomited, I have also taken Mukengel syrup, it it OK, 3.5 hrs already past,

Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Just relax.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
Since you have vomited already there is no need to worry. Just relax. Can cause a mild pain abdomen in next 1-2 days.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.