Suggest remedies for a bruise on the arm

Pediatrician
Question
Hi, my son has what looks like a bruise on his arm. It's been there for at least a week now and it's gotten bigger and darker but now it has a white hard lump in the center. He says it doesn't hurt at all. What could it be?
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Should resolve soon

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone through your query carefully and have checked the attached image. I understand your concerns. The mark is indeed a bruise in the resolving stage. Allow it less than a week and it should disappear completely.

However, the structure of the bruise and the lump in the middle bother me. It could be due to a tick bite and therefore I would suggest you be on the lookout for fever.

In case he develops fever, be sure to take him to a hospital without delay.

Let me know if I could help further.