Suggest remedies for Bell's palsy

Neurologist
Question
In March of 2017 I was diagnosed with Bells Palsey. Since then I have loss my sense of taste and smell. I'm currently being treated for a sinus infection and upper respitory infection. I,ve taken around of steriods and I'm on a second round of antibiatics. I'm Extremely tired and I get very winded easily. I feel awful all the time.I have a metalic taste in my mouth. I have a appointment with my allergist but not for two weeks. Any suggestions? I'm at the end of my rope. Thank you
Posted Sun, 19 Nov 2017 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. Neeraj Kumar 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Take treatment as advised

Detailed Answer:
I have gone through your question and understand your concern.
Bells palsy leads to taste abnormality on affected half but bilateral taste and smell abnormalities seems to be due to sinus infection.
Some recovery will occur once infection is controlled.
You can take Methylcobalamin supplements.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Do get back to me for further information.
Dr N Kumar
Neurologist