Suggest permanent treatment for plantar fasciitis

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
Hi Doctor, This is XXXX suffering from plantar fasciitis. You had answered my query few days back. It is better now. I am doing the stretches as told. Using crepe bandage at night. Electrified kind feel is not there now. But early morning pain still persists. I go to gym 5 days a week in morning(won't run on treadmill though) Please suggest some permanent solution where in i should be able to run and play cricket also. Thanks, XXXX
Posted Fri, 7 Feb 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 12 hours later
Brief Answer: Do not worry, these tips will work . Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX Thanks for writing in Continue stretching the feet and lower leg muscles before your feet hit the ground in the morning. Stretching everything out before you start walking can help to minimize the pain in the morning. It will likely be cured after weeks of icing, massaging, stretching and supporting. Do not worry, these tips will work and you will be able to run and play cricket soon. If you found difficulty even after these, you can go for local steroid injection at the site . I hope I have provided you the right guidance. Please feel free to revert back for any clarifications or if you would like to share more facts of the case. Wishing you speedy recovery.....