Suggest permanent cure for constipation

I've had 4 days of constipation. What should I expect and what do you suggest besides going to another doctor?
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Klerida Shehu 54 minutes later
Brief Answer: Make lifestyle/diet changes first.... Detailed Answer: Hi, The very first thing you should do is to make some changes in your lifestyle and diet regimen: - drink more water (up to 2-3 l/day) - eat more foods rich in fiber (fruits, vegetables,etc.) - avoid spicy and chilly and fast foods If no results, can take lactulosis (2-3 tablespoons/day);fiber supplements (containing psyllium) or rectal enema/suppositories. If still no improvement, check with a GI specialist to identify other causes (i.e. any possible bowel disease) rather than those of dietary factor. Hope it answered to your inquiries! If you still have other questions, do not hesitate to write me back at the next follow up. Dr.Klerida