Suggest pain relief medication for chronic pain syndrome

Feb 2016

General Surgeon
I am struggling to find a better pain relieving drug that is extended release. Currently I am taking 60 mg per day of oxycodone and it just isn't enough. My new doctor has limited me to that amount, but were I came from I was taking 60 mg 3 times a day which was perfect for me. I am suffering with chronic pain syndrome or at least that is what they call it. I don't know what to do. Please help.
Posted Sun, 9 Mar 2014 in General Health
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 2 hours later
Brief Answer: Discuss with your Doctor for modulation of doses Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for your query. Gone through the list of problems and the amount of surgeries you have undergone. Yes, it is difficult to get a control of pain with one third of the dose of oxycodone you were taking. Frankly speaking you should use this medicine only if the pain is unbearable. Have you tried other medicines like Ibuprofen or Diclofenac? They would help reduce the swelling and the pain- both and help you maintain the least possible dose of oxycodone. You can always discuss this with your treating Doctor , who would he in a position to give you trial with other (more) doses and/ or medicines. Wish you good health. regards,
Follow-up: Suggest pain relief medication for chronic pain syndrome 2 hours later
Ok, thanks for your help.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 3 hours later
Brief Answer: You are most welcome Detailed Answer: Hi. You are most welcome.